Today’s world has seen a rise in the popularity of remote work, and many businesses are choosing Microsoft 365 as a collaboration and communication tool. Copilot, a tool that assists users with numerous activities including arranging meetings, generating tasks, and more, is one of the newest additions added to Microsoft Teams. We’ll look at using Microsoft 365 Copilot in Teams to increase output and effectiveness in this blog article.
How to enable Microsoft 365 Copilot in Teams?
Microsoft Copilot is a feature that allows you to collaborate with your teammates on coding projects in real-time. You can use Copilot to share your code editor, chat with your team members, and get suggestions from an AI assistant. To enable Microsoft Copilot in Teams, you need to follow these steps:
- Installation: Head over to the VS Code Marketplace and install the Microsoft Copilot extension. Ensure that you have Visual Studio Code already installed on your system.
- Sign-in: Launch Visual Studio Code and sign in using your Microsoft account credentials. This step is necessary to access the collaborative features provided by Copilot.
- Project Setup: Create a new coding project or open an existing one that you wish to work on with your team. Ensure that all necessary files and dependencies are set up appropriately.
- Copilot Activation: Locate the Copilot icon in the VS Code activity bar, positioned on the left side of the screen. Click on it to activate the extension and access its functionalities.
- Session Initiation or Joining: Depending on your intended action, choose either “Start a new session” or “Join an existing session” from the Copilot menu. If you initiate a new session, you’ll receive a link that you can share with your team members via Teams or any other communication channel. If you join an existing session, enter the link provided by the session host.
- Collaborative Environment: Once you’re connected to a Copilot session, your code editor will display your teammates’ cursors and edits in real-time. To facilitate communication, use the chat panel located on the right side of the screen to interact with your team members.
- AI Assistance: To leverage the AI assistant’s suggestions, use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Space or Cmd+Space (depending on your operating system). From the list of commands, select “Copilot: Suggest.” The AI assistant will analyze your code and context, offering suggestions that you can accept or reject, enhancing your coding experience.
How to Use Microsoft 365 Copilot in Teams
You must have a Microsoft 365 subscription that includes Copilot in order to utilise Copilot in Teams. In your Teams settings, Copilot must also be enabled. Once you’ve done that, your chat or channel window’s bottom right corner will have a new icon. This button is for the Copilot. To start a chat window using Copilot, click on it.
You can ask Copilot any questions you have about your job, like:
- Microsoft Copilot is an invaluable tool that can assist you with a wide range of tasks. Here are some examples of how you can leverage Copilot’s capabilities:
- Meeting Agenda: Generate a comprehensive meeting agenda based on our previous conversation. Copilot will analyze the key discussion points and create a structured agenda to ensure a productive meeting.
- Document Summary: Summarize the essential points from the provided document using Copilot. It will extract the key information and present a concise summary for your reference.
- Email Reply: Compose a draft email response to the customer’s inquiry using Copilot. It will utilize the context of the conversation to generate a suitable reply, which you can review, edit, and personalize before sending it.
- Data Research: Retrieve relevant data for our project from various sources using Copilot. It can leverage the Microsoft Graph to gather information from your calendar, emails, chats, documents, meetings, and contacts, presenting you with the most pertinent data for your project.
- Chart Generation: Transform the given table into a visually appealing chart using Copilot. It will analyze the table’s data and suggest suitable chart types, allowing you to create a clear and impactful visualization.
- Icebreaker Ideas: Suggest engaging icebreakers for our upcoming team-building session. Copilot will provide creative and effective icebreaker suggestions to foster a positive and interactive atmosphere among team members.
Copilot is made to work with you, not in place of you. Whatever you choose to do with Copilot’s output is always up to you. Copilot was created with business requirements in mind. All of your company’s security, compliance, and privacy policies and procedures are carried over to it. In order to track and filter hazardous content, it also makes use of the Azure Content Moderation Stack.
You may save time, increase the calibre, and foster innovation in your work by using Copilot in Teams. It can also assist you in developing new abilities and drawing fresh conclusions from your data. Try it out right now to see how it can serve as your work copilot.
What are the uses of Microsoft 365 Copilot in Teams?
365 by Microsoft Team members can easily and swiftly organise meetings with the aid of Copilot. You can ask Copilot to organise a meeting for you by using natural language, such as “Schedule a meeting with John and Sarah next Monday at 2 pm.” The rest will be handled by Copilot, including choosing a time that works for everyone’s schedules, issuing invitations, and putting the event to your calendar.
Team members can create tasks and allocate them to particular people with the use of Copilot. By giving Copilot information about the task’s description, deadline, and assignee, you can request that it construct the task for you. The job will then be created by Copilot and given to the proper team member. This can help you save time and make sure the proper person is given the right job.
Answering common questions:
Copilot can assist in addressing typical queries team members may have regarding Teams. As an illustration, someone might inquire, “How do I schedule a meeting in Teams?” Copilot can offer a detailed how-to manual for doing this. This can help team members find the information they require more quickly and save time.
For example, Copilot can recommend a pertinent file to include in a conversation or prompt you to follow up on an essential communication. For instance, Copilot can suggest relevant files or documents to include in a Teams discussion when you’re talking about a project. This can facilitate communication and guarantee the inclusion of all pertinent data.
Overall, by automating repetitive operations and cutting down on time spent on manual chores, Copilot can help teams work more effectively. Team members may have more time to concentrate on higher-value work as a result of this. Additionally, Copilot can assist in making sure that duties are delegated to the proper team members and that meetings and discussions cover all pertinent topics.
To sum up, Microsoft 365 Copilot in Teams is a useful tool that users can utilise to automate tedious processes and increase productivity. Copilot may help you in a number of ways to make your work easier and more effective, whether you’re setting up meetings or allocating assignments. You can start using Copilot to its full potential and get more out of your Microsoft Teams experience by following the instructions provided in this blog post. Try it out, and you’ll see how Copilot can improve your working day.