There is no disputing that artificial intelligence is currently revolutionising the search engine market. We are getting more and more of ChatGPT, which is more sophisticated than previously, one after another. Additionally, since ChatGPT was released, Google and other search engines have faced intense competition, which has prompted them to introduce Brad, their own AI system. Why should Microsoft fall behind while everyone else is improving? Bing powered by AI has also been unveiled by Microsoft. Let me go through Bing AI in detail and how to use it on a PC or a Mac.
Satya Nadella, the chairman and CEO of Microsoft:
Every software category will be significantly altered by AI, starting with the one that includes the most software: search.
MICROSOFT’s AI-POWERED BING: WHAT IS IT?
Let’s discuss what Microsoft has been up to recently.
The new Bing, Microsoft’s attempt at an AI-powered search engine, was recently launched. Advanced search capabilities will be added to this new tool, completely changing how individuals obtain information online. The engine will act as a small helper, helping you with a range of tasks like coming up with ideas, fixing problems with the code, and answering questions. In other words, you won’t have to waste time browsing through many websites for answers; instead, just visit Bing-AI and, with a few simple clicks, you’ll have the solution you need.
It should come as no surprise that Microsoft is utilising language models to fuel the engine from their long-term investment, OpenAI, utilising a similar methodology to that used to construct Chat GPT, OpenAI’s wildly successful chatbot.
When Is Bing-AI Going To Release?
To help people get more out of search and the web, we’re launching Bing and Edge powered by AI copilot and chat today.
On Tuesday, Microsoft unveiled a new version of its Bing search engine that leverages the state-of-the-art OpenAI language model, which outperforms ChatGPT in terms of effectiveness.
This AI search engine will be a direct rival to Google’s most recent offering, Bard AI. Bing might be the market leader in this sector given the recent criticism Google has had over the dependability of its services.
How To Use Bing AI On PC & Mac?
By joining Microsoft’s waiting list, you can now use the “new” Bing. If you want to get started right away, the tech giant is also promising to expedite this process for anybody who download the Bing app and set Bing as their default search engine. After being removed from the waiting list, you can access the new AI tool by simply going to the Bing website.
STEP 1: JOIN THE WAITLIST
- Go to Microsoft Bing Browser on your PC or Mac and type “bing.com/new” into the search field.
- Select “Join the waitlist” by tapping it.
- You must connect to your Microsoft account in order to be added to the list. You must first create an account if you don’t already have one in order to log in.
- Once you’ve logged in, you ought to see a notification that says, “Great! You are on the waiting list.
- For a chance to make the process go faster, click the blue “Access the new Bing faster” button.
STEP 2: SET BING AS DEFAULT BROWSER
- changing your default search engine to Bing. To download the Bing search extension, for instance, click “Microsoft defaults” in Google Chrome to be sent to the Chrome web store.
- Before adding the extension to your browser, sign in with your Google account if you haven’t already.
STEP 3: INSTALL APP ON YOUR PHONE (OPTIONAL)
- Installing the app on your phone will enable quicker access to Bing.
- You can either click “Microsoft Bing App” and enter your phone number to obtain the link through text message, or you can use the camera on your phone to read the QR code to get the link to the app’s download page.
- All that’s left to do after finishing these is wait to get access.
STEP 4: TRY SAMPLE PROMPTS
- A handful of the sample prompts are available for immediate use. Go back to the original website and scroll down to “Ask anything.”
- You can use the demo questions provided below to test out the new Bing right immediately, regardless of where you are on the waitlist.
- When you select “Try it on Bing,” a new tab with the typical search results and the chatbot’s response in a sidebar to the right will open.
You may access this feature, which is currently only accessible in the Microsoft Edge Developer channel, by clicking the Bing logo above the sidebar. You must, however, be a part of the preview, which is always growing, in order to take part.
What Are The Features Of Bing-AI?
“Bing looks for pertinent stuff on the web and then compiles its findings to produce a useful response. You can see links to the web information it refers to because it also mentions its sources.
Like ChatGPT, Bing will be able to have discussions with its users. You will be able to ask Bing more specific questions and get answers that contain the most recent data available. Currently, Chat GPT does not have this capability.
You will still receive the typical Bing search results while utilising this search engine, combined with a single response that is built using data from numerous other websites. Bing-AI will also be able to answer some incredibly complex requests. For instance, “Make a question paper,” “Find the error in my code,” or “Teach me coding from scratch.”
Two brand-new sidebar features named “chat” and “compose,” which allow users to, respectively, summarise the data on the page that is currently loading and generate content in response to a prompt, will also be available to users of the new Edge browser.